CLIVE, Iowa (AgPR) Dec. 12, 2023 – The Land Investment Expo (Expo), one of the premier agricultural forums in the nation, today announced a feature panel focusing on foreign investment in American farmland. This panel will dive into the issue everyone is talking about, including landowners, lawmakers, the media and foreign investors.
The newly announced panel will include:
• Harrison Pittman, Director of the National Agricultural Law Center at the University of Arkansas System’s Division of Agriculture
• David Bergvall, Director of Policy and Environment, Manulife Investment Management Timberland and Agriculture
• Micah Brown, attorney at the National Agricultural Law Center at the University of Arkansas System’s Division of Agriculture
• Todd Friedman, Co-Chair of Stoel Rives Agribusiness, Food, Beverage, and Timber Industry Group
The 2024 Expo will take place at Hy-Vee Hall in downtown Des Moines, Iowa, on Tuesday, January 9, 2024. Tickets are still available here: https://expo.peoplescompany.
The Expo previously announced its 2024 keynote speakers:
• Former NFL Quarterback Drew Bledsoe will speak about his transition from the gridiron to winery owner and his passion for growing wine grapes.
• Willis Sparks of Eurasia Group will offer perspective on the world’s geopolitical climate and how it will impact our economy.
• Former Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Presidents Esther George and Tom Hoenig will take part in an enlightening discussion on navigating today’s economic challenges, including rising interest rates and inflationary pressures.
• California Assemblyman James Gallagher will provide a perspective on how agricultural-related policies being developed – and in some cases enacted – in California will have far-reaching ramifications that some may not realize.
In its 17th year, the Land Investment Expo attracts more than 1,600 attendees annually. Tickets for both virtual and in-person attendance are on sale now at www.LandInvestmentExpo.com.
For more information on the Land Investment Expo, please visit www.LandInvestmentExpo.com.
Editor’s Note: This is being sent to you via AgPR, www.AgPR.com, the news release distribution service for agriculture. AgPR is an “opt-in” service provided at no charge to journalists who report on agricultural topics. We encourage you to forward this info to other journalists you think will find it of interest. If you’ve received this from a peer and would like to receive future agricultural e-news briefs, please contact Warren E. Clark via e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at +1-847-836-5100. AgPR is a service provided by a news centre, a division of CCI Marketing, www